Hello all you lovely ones!
This is my first time sitting down to write since before Jack was born and I'm so happy to be back. My stomach is dancing with happy butterflies and grateful tears fill my eyes to be sitting back down to this place. I love my little space here. I love sharing it with all of you. It's sweet to have a space, whatever size and platform it may be, to share creative inspiration, heart thoughts, and life seasons, in all the parts and pieces of everyday.
Over the past weeks my mind has filled up to the brim with things I want to share with you all. Mainly heart thoughts and changes (which have been the most freeing!), but also all the good stuff of home, the kitchen, little loves, books, and the like. I just don't think I can type fast enough to share it all! But truthfully, it is going to be slow going at first as I'm still settling into life with two littles and learning to give myself grace in this wonderfully exhausting season of life.
Any particular things you'd like me to share first? I have my thoughts and plans, but I'm always up for adjusting, particularly if you all have ideas. You all inspire me!
For now, beautiful people, I shall leave you with a few snippets of us these days:
1. Our weather simply cannot make up its mind. We have bounced from 60 degrees back down to 40 and then shooting back up past 70! There have been many rainy days which you all know I never mind, but the restlessness it causes in our 6 year old and our fur child has left me wishing for a little more sun. ;)
2. It has felt so good to get back into the kitchen again. I've realized again how therapeutic my kitchen is for me. It's been lovely to have some evenings of turning on Sinatra-esque tunes, pouring myself a glass of wine, and trying my hand at a new recipe.
3. My husband is incredible. He began an online MBA program 6 weeks ago and is completing his first class this weekend! On top of that he's working full-time, continuing part-time marketing work on the side, and being husband and daddy. In the midst of it all he has remained as present as ever, caring for us all always above himself, and gently walking through the journey that is postpartum with me. Last week he took both kiddos and the dog on a walk at a favorite trail of ours, giving me an hour of alone time at home to catch my breath. He's ever leaving me amazed and so very thankful.
4. We introduced AK to Sound of Music shortly after Jack was born, when J was still on paternity leave. It instantly became a favorite of hers and we have watched it numerous times since. It's such fun showing her the classics! Also, the scene where the children are singing to the Baroness and the Captain walks in and begins singing with them and all their precious hearts are filled up finally!? All. The. Tears. Every time. I just can't with that and the hormones.
5. AK and I started her back to school a few weeks ago and, though there have been hard moments and I know we will have more ahead, my love for homeschooling her has only increased. It's such a gift to sit across the table and watch it come together in her 6 year old brain, to see her make discoveries, and learn alongside her. And I treasure having her home and being able to pour those everyday life skills into her as we go about our days. I don't take this season for granted.
6. I'm flying through podcasts these days with those middle of the night feedings. The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, Journeywomen, Risen Motherhood, How I Built This, and A Couple Cooks being a few of the ones filling my earbuds. Any new ones I should be trying out? I just don't do scary.
7. Something that J and I did not do well last year was have dates. That, along with many other practical pieces of our everyday, is something we've committed to changing this year. And I'm thankful to say that we are going to have our fourth date this year on Saturday evening! A double date with the lil' bro and sis for our favorite Canadian brother's birthday! It's been a GIFT to have sweet siblings and precious friends come alongside and give us these times. Community is priceless, in countless ways.
Okay, precious people, I'm going to sign off now. But two things in closing.....
One.......Pray for me, if you all would. The postpartum hormones have been a lengthier battle than I anticipated and the adjustment from 1 little to 2 has brought struggles I didn't expect, though struggles I'm so thankful to be facing. Everyday is beautifully imperfect and the Lord is humbling me and showing me my every-minute need for Him all the more and I am thankful, but your prayers are something I would dearly cherish.
Two......I'm just so happy to be back here with you all! Thank you for how you've walked with us and encouraged us and celebrated with us all that the Lord has done in our lives over the past few months. I praise Him often for you all.
Happiest Friday to you, friends!!!