I'm starting this post very simply by saying it's been a pleasant week and I am thankful for it.
The weekend lies ahead now and I am so glad it does.
Today holds a Home Goods stop, therapy for my Little, a phone chat with my bestie, bratwursts on the grill, the US Open men's semifinals, and watching the weekend roll in with my dearest people. I'm thoroughly content with today already.
~ A few of my favorite things this week ~
1. The P.F. Candle Co. My sweet friend, Julia, sent me a candle from them a couple years ago, an apple orchard scent which was so ideal for fall. I love the simplicity of their design, too.....vintage classic, I think. They have a spiced pumpkin scent now which I am eager to order a case of. This orange cardomom scent intrigues me, too, so perhaps I'll give it a try.
sitting in our sunroom with the fall breeze blowing through while catching up with a dear friend.
pulling on my slippers and a sweater in the morning because of the chill in the air.
2. Ruth Chou Simmons new book, gracelaced. What a work of art. Just seeing the Amazon images of the pages with passages of Scripture painted by her ~ it's stunning.
our "new" dresser, thanks to my sweet man's hardwork. another step toward our bedroom haven!
planning the women's retreat at our church alongside such wise, thoughtful, creative souls.
3. I've shared before what a gift Christy Nockels' music has been to my heart for years now. Her newest single, Build My Life, has been my daily song as of late. And I was so excited when I saw her share about her new album, Be Held: Lullabies for the Beloved, that is being released later this month. I can't wait to have those songs arrive on my doorstep.
all the plans that AK is making for when her baby brother arrives. be still my heart.
anticipating our little family getaway next week.
4. I spotted this chair while browsing through Target's furniture online. I'm searching for a chair to go in the corner by my side of our bed and the size of this one would be perfect. I feel in love with the color, particularly when I read the name: Delight Seaglass. It makes me think of my sweet mama and her precious collection of seaglass from the Maine coast. This "seaglass" chair would be a perfect bit of color against the light gray walls we will have soon.
reflux medicine and tylenol -- sweet pregnancy helpers.
my little Target dollar aisle "thankful" sign that I picked up the other day. it's just sweet.
5. My sweet friend, Darby, found this doormat on West Elm for me after I had posted about needing to find this perfect doormat I had spied on Pinterest. I got the link from Darby when I was chatting with my mother-in-love the other day and mentioned it to her and how excited I was that it had been discovered. So a couple evenings ago UPS delivered a happy package to me that contained this very mat, from my most thoughtful Momma Coobs! It is the most suitable fall and winter doormat I have ever come across and I can't wait to cozy up our front stoop with mums and pumpkins to compliment that welcoming phrase!
How has your first full week of September been, lovelies? What are some of your favorite things this week??
I hope you all have the happiest Friday and the most refreshing weekend!