Happy Friday, beauties!
The Fridays as of late have been extra happy in our little household because they have preceded rather empty weekends and they is just what we've needed.
This Friday is no different and I get to start out the weekend by spending the evening with one of my dearest friends and then several ladies from our church, which shall be so refreshing. I think we might fill our empty Saturday with a trip to a local bakery or donut shop and then a trip to an old cemetery to feed the ducks and geese that reside in the pond there. It may sound morbid, but it is such a lovely cemetery, with such history flowing through it, and our pond visits are always sweet. And perhaps we shall end our time with a visit to a book store or a coffee shop.
Whatever we do, we shall be together and we shall be happy.
What are your weekend plans??
-- A few of my favorite things this week --
1. This gorgeous Gien Filet Bleu Cup & Saucer from Anthropologie. Now, I shall not be spending $66 on one cup and saucer, but this blue and white loveliness just needed to be noticed.
The excitement of my sweet 5 year old in preparing for her little friend to come over earlier this week.
Catching re-runs of my favorite Monk show.
2. Reading Miss Rumphius to Anna Kate during the summer. It's such a lovely read. I would like such a little cottage on the east coast sea.
Wimbledon. I love Wimbledon. All their white and the stunning shots of the London and the tradition! Ah! It is absolutely on my bucket list to go to Wimbledon one day. During the men's final this Sunday we are going to have strawberries and cream and I simply can't wait.
3. Before our friend Anna's wedding I went shopping for a dress for the bridesmaids luncheon and I found this Cap Sleeve Shirtdress at Gap. It has thin blue and white stripes, it is so deliciously comfortable, and it looks lovely with sandals, heels, or flats. It's quickly become a staple and I would like to wear it to that little cottage on the east coast.
The blue hydrangeas that are most often gracing our table. I found out we can plant hydrangeas here and I cannot tell you how eager I am to make our backyard landscaping changes next year and plant those beauties!!
My mint julep candle that sniffs so pretty.
4. These Blue and White Striped Napkins from Jones Design Company. Stripes and blue and white -- I'm happy.
Larabar double chocolate brownie bites. A perfect snack.
Sticking black spots on our white t-shirts to go get free chick-fil-a on cow appreciation day earlier this week. AK thought it was the most fun and we shall never pass up free CFA.
5. Also from Jones Design Company, this brass planter. It is in their summer sale right now! Unfortunately, the medium size, which I pictured here, is sold out, but there is a small and a large size that are still left! It's a great contrasting piece to the wood of a table and the softness of some pretty blooms. Here's the small and here's the large.
Sweet time catching up with friends throughout the past week. Happy playtime for the Little Bit and refreshing conversation for the Mama.
Grateful for a good week in all the bits and pieces of it. I hope your week has been a lovely summer one, too!
Happy Weekending, darlings!