Oh, I can't tell you how good it feels to be back typing away to you all! I have missed writing. I have missed sharing with all of you. I've missed this space of mine, my little creative outlet. Life required a time away for a few weeks, though, and it was good, what we needed as we moved and unpacked and settled in. There's been a lot going on in life lately, along with moving into our first home (!!!), that I just needed a few less things on my daily list. And I've learned that's okay, taking a break. It's needed at times and if it is the best thing then I need to get rid of the expectations I put on myself, remember why I do this in the first place, and take the break.
But I am surely happy to be back.
-- A few of my favorite things this week --
1. A dear friend of mine had her beautiful baby girl this week and many other precious ones have tiny ones on the way so I've been perusing the baby section of some favorite stores this week. This darling floral bubble one-piece from Gap just had to be purchased for another sweet girl that will be making her way into the world very soon. Sweet clothes for tiny people are my favorite!
3. Our sunroom furniture was delivered on Wednesday and, oh my, it was a happy day! We ordered two of these Tullsta chairs from IKEA and we are so pleased with them! They are comfortable, a great height, and I'm still able to pull my legs up into them for "cozy" sitting, so I'm fully satisfied.
4. I've been keeping a list of coffee table books for a while now and I recently added this Cut Flower Garden book to the list. I don't know if there's a better title to sit on the coffee table in our sunroom.
5. This Domino book has also been on that list for some time. The cover itself just begs to be set out on a table.
6. Tomorrow is Derby day and, though I'm excited to watch those beautiful horses run their race, I think I'm more excited about the food we shall indulge in. I'm trying this Kentucky Hot Brown recipe for our celebratory dinner and capping it off with this Carrot Cake .
7. The Barren Woman's True Identity. This post brought tears. Forever thankful for encouragement like this.
8. I bought this Striped Tulip-Sleeve Tee from Loft last month during their friends and family sale and I love it. It's so light and the sleeves are just cheerful!
9. These Olivewood Canisters are sitting on our coffee bar now and they are such a charming addition.
10. This quote from Elisabeth Elliot. Y'all know my love for her.
"Every assignment is measured and controlled for my eternal good. As I accept the given portion other options are cancelled. Decisions become much easier, directions clearer, and hence my heart becomes inexpressibly quieter."
So so good. That was needed this week.
Thankful for you, sweet friends. Thankful for y'all sharing a piece of your Friday with me! I hope that y'all's weekends are lovely, lovely, lovely.
Happy Friday, beauties!